THE CERTIFIED COURSES FOR
YOUR CCW LICENSE
FOR RESIDENTS of SAN JOAQUIN, SACRAMENTO and ALAMEDA COUNTIES. STANISLAUS and SANTA CLARA pending. SOLANO COUNTY IN-HOUSE only at this time.
For all NEW applicants:
Do not take any weapon training courses until you receive official notice that your CCW has been approved.
- 16 HOUR COURSE FOR INITIAL 2 YEAR CCW $325.00
- INCLUDES BASIC FIREARMS TRAINING – HOW TO SHOOT
- 4 HOUR CCW RENEWAL COURSE $150.00
- CCW FIREARM MODIFICATION $60.00
- $25 FOR EACH ADDITIONAL FIREARM ON YOUR LICENSE (MAXIMUM OF 3)
- STUDENT PAYS FOR RANGE FEE AND AMMUNITION
- REMEDIAL INSTRUCTION FOR RANGE RE-QUALIFICATION $85 AN HOUR (MINIMUM 1 HOUR)
Must meet all criteria for consideration of issuance Pursuant to California Penal Code § 26150:
- Proof that the person applying is of good moral character
- Proof that good cause exists for the issuance (UNCONSTITUTIONAL JUNE 23, 2022)
- Proof the person applying is a resident of the county or a city within the county
- Proof that the person applying has completed the required course of training including instruction on firearm safety, the law regarding the permissible use of a firearm and qualification of weapon(s)/type(s) to be listed on permit.
- Proof of no statutory prohibitions (No prohibitive criminal history)
CCW FAQs by County (*Authorized First Priority Counties)